Saturday 22 October 2016

2d walk cycle




Keyframes - For the most part these are exactly the same as the 'angry animator' walk cycle reference I used, a good starting point to learn the key poses of a walk cycle but not very personal to me or creative, a very uniform walk. Next time I do a walk cycle I will base it off real life research I have done myself.





Inbetweens - Despite the rough lines I think at this point the movement reads well, one thing I need to work on improving is retaining volume, especially here in the legs and head.








Lines - I designed this character specifically for this walk cycle based off the body type I already used. The lack of consistent volume in the head is very prevalent in this version, this is something I need to work on. I tried adding follow through to the hair which I think was relatively successful, but again, the lack of consistent volume makes it lose believablity.




Concept - I did this model sheet after I did the inbetweens, the character is a deer child, perhaps a hunter of some sort, I quite like this character and I think I want to do more animation with him.



No comments:

Post a Comment