Sunday 7 January 2018

'Junk Boy' - Character Development

One of the first drawings of the boy character, wasn't sure what his story was at this point so he has a very different personality here. I eventually decided I didn't want the character to be one who is actively violent or has a weapon. But I do like the energy in this drawing.



At one point the story had the boy finding some
kind of mythical sword.
This one is pretty much there in terms of
costume and hair, but far too brooding.



Early portrait of the boy trying to capture his personality as a troublemaker kid.









Another earlier drawing trying to figure out his clothes,
I ended up deciding that he wasn't 'raggedy' enough.

First digital drawing of the character, done in Flash. I think
I lost some of the energy of the character here and the drawing itself
is quite stiff but I have the costume pretty much down at this point.




These are only a select few of the development drawings of the character that seemed significant in how he changed, and are also mostly finished. I did many more trying to flesh him out and figure out details of style and features. And I still am, none of these are final designs currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment