Sunday 7 January 2018

Naptime [Short animation]


When I made my self portrait video for school a while ago I decided I enjoyed the medium and wanted to try to push it further. So I made this video to try to see what I could do visually a bit more, I tried to utilize the medium by having a shot of a character floating across the screen made much easier to do by using pixelation. I also used after affects for two shots, a transition early on where a character runs across the foreground the next short is layered underneath coming in behind him, and a shot of the same character in some sort of drug trip looking experience. I want to keep pushing the visual effects in the videos I make because I enjoy doing it, I also want to practice practical effects in live action, like blood squibs or miniatures. I think I did a decent job with the 2d overlay animation in this video, I used it to illustrate magic spells in a slightly crude fashion but I think it animates well and works with the animation style. I think one weakness in this video is the audio editing, this is the part of the process I find most tedious and I think it shows in the quality. If I make another one of these pixelation videos, which I probably will, I want to be more ambitious with the scope of it. Longer, more creative use of pixelation and the overlay animation, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment