Wednesday 22 March 2017

Head turn animation self assessment

My goal with doing this animation was to see how I've progressed from this exercise in the first term, and I think I've improved on some things. From last term one of the my biggest goals was maintaining volume, so I drew a character with more rudimentary shapes that form it's design which I think worked quite well.
However one thing that suffered from this is I don't think there is a lot of character in the movement, it's a simple A to B movement without much flair or even body movement. In the future I want to be more creative with breakdowns to create a sense of character through body language because this is quite a bland head turn. Maybe if I started adding more context to these learning exercises it'd help me create more character, even if that's just in my head knowing why a character is turning their head so I could infuse some sort of emotional motivation into the movement rather than just an robotic action.
I am pleased with how the hair moves considering hair has been an issue for me in both my illustration and animation, and it looks fairly natural here, it doesn't look quite as jarring as my precious attempts anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment