Saturday 12 November 2016

Personal Animations

This is a practise of more minimal animation, the character only has a boil affect and a blink so it doesn't feel too stationary, but the focus is on the light passing over the character, I think if I did this again I'd give a clearer light source and perhaps motion outside the window to make it feel more grounded but as a first attempt I like how the light wraps around the character.
 I tried implementing simple background elements for this animation, because I felt there was something lacking in my storytelling when I've animated character with no context. I think it adds a lot to even a simple gif, obviously the animation is very rough but I think it's timed quite nicely.
Whilst obviously unfinished this is my attempt at creating a looping animation, I went for a blacksmith hammering an anvil. I think if I were to do this again, or finish it, I would put more acting into it, as at the moment the only part of him that's moving is his arm, which doesn't necessarily say much about his character, I think I could incorporate more body movements to give it more appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment